- Brown Rice
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Broth
- Red, Yellow, Green Bell Peppers
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Parboil rice
- Wash parboiled rice 3 times.
- Pour Brown rice in baking dish (9×13) and mix with olive oil thoroughly
- Brown rice approximately 45 minutes, stir occasionally
- At 45 minutes, add to cover rice double the amount of rice in the pan.
- Add vegetable broth (1 box) or Swenson Broth or 4 cans
- Add seasoning and sauteed onion and bell peppers to rice
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stir contents and rice
Tips: Make sure rice is getting tender, not too soft. If rice is still hard to the touch or taste, add another cup or two of water. Season more if needed (add salt as needed). Cover for approximately 20 more minutes.
How did you do? Leave me a comment about your experience making your Cajan Rice dish! I can’t wait to hear from you!